Maryann is a clinical psychologist with over 20 years of professional experience. She will help you to consolidate new concepts and reflect on your resourcefulness at a deeper level so you can make change easy.
Maryann has trained and worked with a variety of therapeutic approaches including CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy) and ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy). Sometimes hypnosis is included in the session to consolidate new concepts and reflect on your resourcefulness at a deeper level. Maryann invests over 100 hours a year in her professional development and learning new strategies and techniques that can help you. She has the knowledge and experience to plan and teach the strategies that are most likely to help you achieve the results you are looking for.
Maryann works with the assessment and treatment of adults who are experiencing clinical levels of anxiety, depression, and chronic pain as well as helping people to manage life issues such as grief, phobias, stress, self-esteem and relationship or sexual problems.
In particular, Maryann works in the assessment and treatment of:
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Generalised Personality Disorder
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Work-related stress and injuries
- Dealing with chronic pain and adjusting to change
- Relationship and personal issues
- Sexual Issues
- Grief and loss
More generally, Maryann works with people who want to become more self-aware and to clarify current issues in their lives, enhance their coping styles and improve their quality of life.
Ultimately the focus of the therapy is:
(1) to explore and clarify key heart-felt values
(2) explore the choices that will help you to achieve your goals and
(3) learn important skills to manage difficult and often overwhelming thoughts and feelings.
For over 20 years Maryann has helped many thousands of people. She is open minded and will listen to you without any judgement. She has worked with adults of all ages from school leavers onwards and as long as you genuinely want help she will do whatever it takes to help you achieve your goals in life.
Maryann is normally available Tuesday to Thursday.